Everything I’ve read says it’s a lot of work to market any book, much less a self-published children’s picture book. Donna Warwick the author of “There’s a Mouse on My Head!” and I, as the illustrator, are starting down this long road to what we hope is success.
The first copies of the book have been printed and shipped. They haven’t arrived yet. We need to make sure everything is perfect before we release them to the public. Publication date is set for August 10. Our book will be available on Amazon, B&N, and other Internet bookstores. Brick and mortar book stores can special order it for you directly from Ingrams. “There’s a Mouse on My Head” will also be available at the Jewish Book Festival Book Store this November. We are making hardcover books as well as soft cover books. Later we plan an e-book.
1. We are working on an author’s website. I am setting it up and doing the graphics, Donna will write all the text.
2. A Facebook fan page is in the process of being set up.
3. A Twitter account needs to be started.
4. We are also working on teacher materials, and activity sheets for parents to download from the website for their kids.
5. Donna is working on a trailer to promote the book
6. She is also working on the presentation we will give at the Jewish Book Festival luncheon in October.
7. In the Fall, both Donna and I will be setting up grade school, pre school and library visits.
So much work and so little time. Wish us luck and abundant creativity.