Ghillis says, “Is “Snow-Nose” catching??”
Every year I make New Year’s resolutions. I always plan to keep them but, reality steps in and they fall by the wayside. This year I am repeating a few resolutions I have listed before.
- I will keep up with my blog posts. I will try to provide more information for new children’s book illustrators and authors who want to know more about working with a professional illustrator.
- I will continue working on writing and illustrating my own picture books. I tend to put my own work aside when I get a new commission to illustrate a book for an author.
- I will continue to send out my picture book dummies to agents. I know there is a perfect match for me out there.
- I will stay active in the SCBWI (Society for Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators) and my local SCBWI critique group. There are many workshops, critiques, conferences I can attend to keep up with the publishing business.
- I will continue to stay active. I love walking my dog four brisk miles every morning with a group of friends and dogs, even when it’s 12 degrees. It was 8 degrees this morning and we passed.
- I will leave plenty of time to enjoy my husband, my family, and my life. Life is more than work alone.
If you want to discuss your picture book illustration needs with me, fill out the form below. I’m always happy to talk picture books.